Saturday, August 4, 2012

In the Beginning . . .

Welcome to "No Pen Zone!"  This name comes from a poster I used in my classroom as a math teacher.  Any math teacher will tell you that it is best to use a pencil when working on math.  Why?  Because it is easy to erase a mistake and correct it.  And we ALL make mistakes in math problems.  If you know a math teacher with a different philosophy, then great, but not this math teacher. 

I'm a big fan of mistakes- BECAUSE- you can always LEARN from them!  With that said, this blog is my effort at creating a one stop shop of math resources for various courses.  I hope to document great links I find as well as any others shared with me.

While I was teaching, I regularly found great resources online that I added to my "favorites" tab at school.  Whenever a student was struggling in a particular area I would search and find and then share.  I am planning to keep track of all these great games, practice links, tutoring sessions and other wonderful ideas I find. 

If you are a student seeking additional help or just love math and want to have fun, this will be a great resource!

If you are a parent looking for ideas to help your child, this will be a great resource!

If you are a teacher looking for something for class or to recommend to a particular student, this will be a great resource.

Please share any ideas you have or links you find which would be helpful to others.  You can email the links to me at wmparkman@gmail.com.

Teachers always talk about not "reinventing the wheel".  So this is my way of helping out.

No comments:

Post a Comment